Welcome to the Masters of Time Blog !

Staring Into Time: Can You Change The Past? #scifi #MastersofTime

By 1:00 AM , , ,

Staring Into is my story.

One way people may connect is in the sense that my main character is confronted with the idea of changing the past, no matter how it affects his future.

Is there something you would sacrifice yourself for in order to have back, for the good of others? 

As he [the protagonist] gets closer to the moment of change, will he feel up to the challenge based on how he's failed in the past? That last sentence sums up so many of my life's struggles. I hope to bring the heart of my experience into a story that will connect with yours.

How close do you think we are to actually achieving time travel (if at all)?

Haha, not close, but I believe time is beyond our current understanding. Who knows what will happen in the future. It sure is fun to think about.


Where did you look for inspiration while writing your time travel short story?

I like to take circumstances I'm dealing with and insert them into the character aspect of my stories. In "Staring Into," I thought, what the heck is the point of my life sitting here at this job staring at monitors?

The biggest challenge I have is enduring boredom. I thought, what if a security guard reached such an elevated level of focused boredom--where he stared at one spot on the monitor for so long--that he was able to travel in time. After I had that idea, I had to find a way to connect to his heart and why traveling in time would be exciting and affect his heart.

If you stumbled upon the secret to time travel, would you share it with others (why or why not)?

 
No. Chaos would be inevitable. It hurts my head to think of how much could change if you accepted the butterfly effect principle.



What was the best part about writing a time travel tale? The most challenging?
 

I just love writing stories. I suppose this one was especially cool because I've loved time travel ever since Quantum Leap and Time Cop. To publish a story in that genre is amazing and makes me thank God. The most challenging is the fact that I majored in English and Philosophy. I know very little about the science behind time travel. If there is any, haha.

Where can we find out more about you?

 
I hang around on Facebook more than anything else online, but you can also catch me at Adventures in SciFi Publishing and timothycward.com


Aside from buying my other stories, signing up for my newsletter would be the best way to connect and support my writing career. 


My debut novel, Scavenger: Evolution is a Dune meets Alien thriller in a future America covered in sand, where sand divers discover a buried military base that should have remained so.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments